Athletic Director: Wendell Ellis 425-204-3418
Renton High School is a member of the Seamount League, the King Division, and the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA). Our teams compete with other conference teams for League, District, and State honors.
The Basketball teams did an outstanding job in the 2A state Tournament! Our Girls Team placed 3rd and our Boys Team placed 5th. Great Job Coach Tim White of the Girls team and Coach Rick Comer of the Boys Team.
Students must be in good academic standing (a 2.0 GPA or above) and have successfully passed 5 classes the previous semester. If you do not meet these requirements, you must provide a weekly grade check before you are considered eligible to compete.
$30.00 for ASB
$75.00 for the Athletic Fee ($37.50 for those that qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch-MUST HAVE A FORM FILED WITH THE CAFETERIA/ATHLETIC OFFFICE). And a new form must be completed each school year.
Students must pay and/or clear all fines.
1. Blue Coach's Card
2. Physical Form (Have a physical examination after May 31, 2012, and a doctor's approval for full participation)
It is required that students use our forms:
Our form is available on the District website so even if the athlete forgets the form when they go to see their doctor…the doctor should be able to print one out. If you know of a doctor in your area that performs many physicals on your athletes then I suggest sending them some forms OR forward the following information to them.
The Renton School District Athletic Physical Form can be downloaded from our website as follows:
1. Go to the RSD website: http://www.rentonschools.us/Home.aspx.
2. Click on the “District Departments” tab (under “Extracurricular” heading)
3. Click on the “Activities and Athletics” tab
4. Click on “Athletic Forms” tab on the left side of the page
5. Click on “High School Physical/Pre-Participation Form”
The direct link to the form is: http://www.rentonschools.us/FILES/DISTRICT/Activities%20and%20Athletics/Athletic%20Physical%20Form%20rev%204-26-2011.pdf
3. Parent Permission Form
4. Parent Affidavit Form
5. Insurance Form (If you do not have insurance, we will provide a student accident & health insurance enrollment form, so that you can purchase insurance.)
All physicals MUST be on Renton School District athletic department physical examination form
August 13 and 14 Clearance for football players ONLY from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
August 15 First Day of practice for football
Clearances for all other fall sports from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m starting August 15th
August 22 First day of practice for girls’ soccer, cross country, girls’ swim, golf, volleyball
If you have any questions, please contact the Athletic Office at 425-204-3418.
Additional Important Athletic Information to view click here: http://www.seamountathletics.com/
General Admission $ 6.00
Home Games with ASB - Free
Home Games No ASB - $6.00
Visitors with ASB - $4.00
Visitors No ASB - $6.00
Children (5-12) $ 2.00
Senior Citizens (62 or older) $2.00
CASH ONLY - NO REFUNDS
Families and community members who attend multiple high school home sporting events now can save a little money when buying tickets: Renton School District’s athletic department has created a discount punch card for up to 10 athletic events.
• Punch cards can be purchased at high school ASB offices or at Renton Stadium during games.
• Adults: $48 for 10 events (regular price $60)
• Child/seniors (over 62): $16 for 10 events (regular price $32)
• Punch cards are only good for HOME REGULAR SEASON EVENTS
• They will not be honored at ANY AWAY EVENTS, OR ANY PLAYOFF GAMES (e.g. they will not be honored if district football or soccer teams plays in playoff games at Renton Stadium)
• Only good for the current (2012-2013) school year
• Lost or stolen cards cannot be honored
On Saturday our Wrestling team will be heading to Bremerton High School, Address:1234 NE Riddell Rd. This is the last hurdle before STATE!
Both team have advanced to the championship game on Saturday, they are playing for the top seed at Districts.Both games are at 6:00pm, the Boys are playing at Lakes HS and the Girls are playing at Clover Park. The Boys team is ranked 3rd in the State and the Girls are ranked 9th!
Boys Swim Team is competing at State Swimming and Diving Championships at WEYERHAUSER KING COUNTY AQUATIC CENTER, FEDERAL WAY
Our Wrestling team is competing at the Mat Classic XXV, Wrestling Championships at the TACOMA DOME ARENA.
Last night our Girls Basketball Team lost a close contest vs. Port Angeles. Their next game will be on Saturday at 4:15pm at Stadium High School, in a loser out game for the 5th seed.
RHS Boys next game is Friday February 15th at Lakes High School @ 7:45pm